This article is a reprint from Tim Brown of Colorado (used by permission):
Although I am very disappointed that Ted Cruz suspended his presidential campaign today and that I will not get the 95% of what I as a Conservative want in a President, I DO realize that I will get about 50% of what I want in a President Trump.
Trump, (as the presumptive GOP nominee), as President will:
– secure our border and strengthen immigration policy so that we stop terrorists, criminals and drugs and dealers from crossing freely into our land,
– vastly strengthen our military and defense strategy so that our friends can trust us and our enemies will fear us,
– strengthen our trade agreements with foreign countries (no TPP) so that the agreements are respectful of America and fair instead of always lop-sided in favor of foreign countries,
– cut corporate taxes and provide incentives for companies to bring jobs back to America and create other new jobs for ALL Americans,
– defend our 2nd Amendment rights,
– in summary will restore the hope and potential of a better life for our children and grandchildren.
Trump, as President:
– is NOT a Christian and will not uphold our values and traditions (Stephen Gannon),
– will NOT protect traditional marriage,
– will NOT protect innocent unborn human life,
– will NOT act presidential,
– will NOT think twice before he speaks,
– will NOT recognize and reform his narcissism,
– in summary will NOT restore moral character, decency, respect, honor and civility to American culture or the Presidency.
Trump, as the GOP Presidential candidate, will:
– give Hillary Clinton the figurative “both shotgun barrels”, in a repeated and continuous manner without let-up, and will tear her to shreds politically on the debate stage and will trounce her in the General Election race. Today was a very, very bad day for Hillary Clinton.
– have the massively difficult task of healing and unifying the GOP and its message in order to get enough GOP, Libertarian and Independent votes to win the General Election.
And for all you in the #NeverTrump camp, a non-vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary. Think about that. If you ALL stay at home in your self-righteous hissy-fit and don’t vote, you will in effect be voting Hillary into office. DO THE MATH. BE LOGICAL. Do you really want to know down deep inside that you helped elect Hillary by your self-righteous arrogance? What’s that going to do for you in the long run? Grow up, be rational and logical, hold your nose, and VOTE FOR TRUMP.